Excitement is building: Christmas is just around the corner, and today is the ‘real’ Black Friday – the one where people head into the Toon and drink to excess because the factories have just shut down. If you’re going out tonight, please be careful, and, take it steady! We’re giving you a nice, easy chicken salad that’ll fill you up, but won’t weigh you down and stop you from dancing…
If you don’t have time for this tonight, why not go for it tomorrow – along with our selection of hangover cures, this contains all the right stuff to help get you back on your feet. And if you can squeeze in some exercise before you head out, definitely do so – you’ll feel great.
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 200g mixed leaves
- ½ cucumber, deseeded and sliced
- 25g dried cranberries
- 85g/3oz cranberry sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- Slice each chicken breast in half horizontally to give 4 thin breasts, then rub with half the oil and season. Heat a non-stick frying pan and fry the chicken for 3 mins on each side until cooked through. Set aside on a plate.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan and fry the onions for 5 mins. Slice the chicken, collecting any juices, and layer up with the onions, leaves, cucumber and dried cranberries. Mix the cranberry sauce, lime juice, 2 tbsp water and any chicken resting juices, and drizzle over the salad.
Boot camp #AdventAbs Day 19 – leg raises
We’re keeping it simple today. Get this one done then head out to party!
Lie flat on your back with your arms by your sides. Lift your legs three or four inches from the floor and hold the position. Then slowly raise your legs to a vertical position. This will work your lower abs brilliantly – but lowering the legs will work them even more! Lower your legs slowly – feel the burn! – but don’t let your feet touch the floor. Repeat, five times to begin with, or until your form drops.