Customer Guidelines and Info
At Goldenhill we know that your holiday is precious time for you, your family and friends and that’s why we want to make it as hassle free and safe as possible, giving you the peace of mind to sit back and enjoy.
The world is a slightly different place due to Covid-19 and we want you to have the confidence that we have made adaptations that have been carefully considered to maintain your safety and the safety of our team, whilst minimising the impact on your holiday. We have listed some things you should consider before you arrive, whilst you are at Goldenhill and before you leave to come home.
Before you Go
REMEMBER CHECK IN TIMES ARE STRICTLY 4.00 PM AND DEPARTURE 10.00AM
Are you and the rest of your party fit to travel?
If you or any of your party develop or have any symptoms of Covid-19 within 14 days of your holiday you must inform us at least 48 hours before you are due to depart. You will need to check your travel insurance regarding their cancellation guidelines.
Chances are your car has been sat on your driveway or limited to short journeys over the past few weeks. A full check of tyres, water oil etc. would be advisable before setting off on any long journeys.
List of Items to take with you:
There are a few items that in the past wouldn’t have made your holiday essentials list, but we think it would be wise for you to consider packing the following items alongside your sun cream and your beach towels:
– Face Masks – we do not supply facemasks, so please bring these with you, especially if you are thinking about visiting any popular tourist attractions where the volume of people might make it difficult to social distance. These should be washed each day so you may need to think about packing plenty of spares if you are planning regular days out.
– Disposable Gloves – we’re thinking if you need to top the car up with fuel or use an electric vehicle charger en-route. Remember these should always be single use and disposed of after each interaction so for other activities hand sanitiser may be best.
– Hand Sanitiser – especially for when out and about where it may not be possible to wash your hands.
– Contactless card for payment and some cash to ensure you don’t have to visit an ATM
– Reusable coffee cup it is great for the environment and allows a takeaway while cafes are socially distancing.
– Picnic blanket. Again, you may wish to enjoy the delights of local cafes and restaurants with a takeaway while social distancing is in place.
–Warm Blanket. We have removed all blankets and cushions from the rooms, so if you require extra comfort, please do bring your own.
– Tickets or online order numbers. If you are planning to visit a local attraction, you may need to book in advance while entrance numbers are reduced to allow social distancing. Please check before you leave and if possible book your slot in advance.
– Wind break or markers. If you are concerned, about social distancing at the beach then a wind break or similar may help guide small children to their “safe” zone.
– Card games, scavenger hunts and more. We are not able to provide the array of games that we would usually for our guests, so you may wish to bring your own.
– First aid kit including Paracetamol
– Thermometer – to ensure you can check for a fever
– Food – The local shops are extremely busy at this time and arranging an online delivery can be tricky. There are plenty of local shops open, but they are still on reduced hours, so please don’t rely on them for everything.
– Clothes supply – We do not have a washing machine available for your personal use, however, we do offer a laundry service for £1 per item or £10 per load.
– Disinfectant Wipes – Sanitising cleaning products
– Handwash – Ensure you have enough for your party for your stay. We are not able to leave a large supply in the lodges due to the guidelines, so please do bring your own.
– Bin Bags– we will leave you with bin bags, however if you require more please bring your own
Check in and out times:
With the additional cleaning requirements that we are undertaking your check in and check out times are as follows
Check in 4.00pm
Check out. 10.00am
Non-essential items removed
All non-essential items which are difficult to clean are temporarily removed such as board games, computer consoles, surplus crockery, hair driers, welcome packs and guest books. We will leave a minimal supply of crockery and cutlery however we will not leave tea, coffee etc so please do bring your own.
While you are away:
If you, or any of your party become ill or display any symptoms of Covid -19 whilst you are at the property you should inform us straightaway, so that we can work with you to determine the best course of action.
Breakfast – Breakfast will be served either in the communal lounge, dining area or you can chose to have it delivered to your lodge or room. Please book your preferred time slot in advance upon discussion with the team upon arrival. Social distancing measures will be explained upon arrival.
Communal Area – There is a lounge with log burning stove for you to enjoy. However, we must adhere to social distancing at all times. If at any point this becomes an issue, we will allocate time slots for use of the lounge and time for cleaning.
Waste and Bins – Ensure all rubbish and waste is disposed of properly in secured bags and left next to the external bins outside – next to the office. All glass, should be taken with you to a local bottlebank as our council does not recycle it for us. The nearest bottle bank is in Bamburgh in the main car park opposite the Castle. Please attempt to separate recycling and general waste and leave in the relevant bins next to the field. Thank you.
Before you Depart:
Please ensure that the property is left in the same condition that you found it.
Please wash all plates and cutlery and leave on the side next to sink – where applicable.
Please strip all beds of bedding prior to leaving – these should be put into the bin bags provided by the team.
Adhere to social distancing regulations.
Upon Returning home:
If you or any of your party display Covid symptoms, please arrange a test ASAP and keep us informed of any results so that we can operate a track and trace system.